Eric C. Arellano
Linux System Administrator & DevOps Enthusiast
Eric is a loyal and dedicated professional, seeking a career that allows him to be challenged and to utilize his skills to succeed in finding a solution. He has impressed peers and past employers with his ability to focus and perform his duties under pressure. With the passion and enjoyment he has for his work, plus highly adaptable as a forever learner, he would be a great addition to most teams.
- Bash, PHP, Ruby, Markdown
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cloud Config
- Vagrant, Docker, Jelasic, RS Cloud
- Perpetual Learner
Lead DevOps Engineer | Scottsdale, AZ | January 2017 to Present
- Ownership over configuration management from conception to production.
- Bridge gaps between departments in IT.
- Development of internal tools.
- Key role in the creation of self service infrastructure build tool.
- Automated Build and Release processes.
- Assist internal and facilitate external security scans.
- Review and Remediate security scan results.
Dev Ops Engineer | Phoenix, AZ | July 2016 to January 2017
- Own and administer the AWS infrastructure of two SaaS applications.
- Create vision for infrastructure and proactively recommend strategies.
- Enforce, Validate, Implement security controls and best practices.
- Execute internal and facilitate external security scans.
- Implement solutions to automate the deployment of SaaS
- Implement monitoring solutions to provide visibility with a focus on high availability.
- Respond to monitoring alarms and coordinate resources to resolve.
- Work directly with Development, QA Team Leads and Engineering Teams.
- Lead the deployment lifecycle of the application.
- Collaborate with Scrum teams to ensure successful execution.
Lead Unix Administrator | Scottsdale, AZ | June 2013 to July 2016
- Management of service impacting changes
- Mentor aka ‘sensei’ to fellow system admins
- Point of Contact for external vendors
- Planning and execution of projects
- Puppet Enterprise, from proposal to deployment
- ITOperations use of GIT
- ITOperations use of standard documentation
- Branched a gap between ITOps and other departments
- Assisted in a complete infrastructure migration
- Managed ~300 linux servers (VMWare & Rackspace)
This position has been a quick evolving experience. Receiving multiple promotions starting from Systems Administrator, to Systems Administrator II, and now to my current position as Lead Unix Administrator. I’ve taken the reigns as a wealthy resource of information for my department, as well as many others within the company.
Vesta TR Corp
Machine Operator | Scottsdale, AZ | 2007 to June 2013
- Running and maintenance of production machinery
- Communications between multiple departments to ensure project completion
- Implemented automated processes to shorten project completion time
During my employment with Vesta I learned what I consider my most valuable trait, troubleshooting. When there are a hundred places to start an investigation, find the point of failure or last known “good” and make your way towards resolution. Operating machinery offered that physical aspect of troubleshooting, allowing me to literally see what future jobs would require me to mentally perform.
Linux Professional 2003 to 2007
Mesa Community College, Mesa, Arizona
- Asked to give a talk at Puppet Camp AZ 2016 “From Bad Puns to Implementation”
- Phoenix Linux User Group: Install-fests, Phoenix, AZ
- Ham Radio Operator, Maricopa County Emergency Communications Group, Arizona